The idea of including Celebrity Clowns in the Santa Claus Parade began in 1982 when Parade co-chairman Ron Barbaro and Parade director Norman Jewison walked the Parade wearing make-up and clown costumes. They had so much fun that the following year they recruited 18 corporate executives and adopted the Celebrity Clown moniker. Celebrity Clowns became an integral part of the Santa Claus Parade that continues to this day. Membership has grown to over 150 each year plus 50 Junior Clowns (a concept added in 2007). It is the reward of “all those smiles” that brings many Celebrity Clowns back year after year.
Celebrity Clowns – $1,200.00 (receive a tax receipt for approximately $1,200)
Celebrity Clown Kids – $500 (receive a tax receipt for over $500.00) To qualify, child must be between the ages of 10 – 18 and must be accompanied by an adult Celebrity Clown.
As a Celebrity Clown you begin Parade Day early with a gourmet breakfast at the Official Celebrity Clown Hotel. Followed by makeup being applied by professional makeup artists. Then you’ll kick off the Parade and begin to meet and greet the hundreds of thousands of kids and families lining the Parade route. You’ll frolic and interact with the excited crowds and warm many hearts while accompanying the 30 floats, 20 bands and of course Santa along the 5.7 kilometer route.
• A custom made Clown Costume complete with wig and accessories for you to keep.
• Clown visit day to Santa’s workshop and a sneak peak of the parade floats.
• Gourmet breakfast at the Official Celebrity Clown Hotel.
• 4 VIP passes for family and friends to a special viewing area to watch the Parade.
• Complete with food, refreshments and face painting for the kids.
• A unique memory book full of special moments captured by professional photographers.
• Post Parade reception with family and friends at the Official Celebrity Clown Hotel.